My name is Oskar Faarkrog and I’m a certified personal trainer from the International Sports Sciences Association.
I’m also the founder of SKINNY-FAT TRANSFORMATION – the #1 website for skinny-fat men, with 60,000-100,000 monthly visitors.
Growing up, I used to be skinny-fat.
I had puffy nipples, wide hips, narrow shoulders and I was 6’2” tall with lanky arms and skinny wrists.
I couldn’t do a single push up and my DREAM was to one day be able to do a set of 10 chin ups.
I had never seen my abs and when I flexed my biceps in the mirror nothing happened.
Unlike other people who get into fitness to get ripped 6-pack abs, my goals were more humble.
I just wanted to build a “normal” and masculine looking body so I can feel comfortable in my own skin (and perhaps get my first girlfriend).
So I can relate to those of you who start at the bottom with below average genetics.
I know exactly what it’s like to train for 2 years without anything to show for it.
Here’s a photo showing my first 2 years of “training progress”:
Compared to my friends, it seemed like my body just didn’t respond to training and I had a VERY weak foundation of strength.
I also found out later that I had a low natural testosterone production, and testosterone is the main muscle building hormone in the body.
I would never have imagined that years later I would have people tell me that “I’m getting too muscular” or that I would lose 60 pounds of fat and get visible abs for the first time in my life.
But despite my limitations, I made my transformation happen: I lost 60 pounds of fat and gained more than 40 pounds of muscle mass while staying 100% injury free and boosting my natural testosterone production with over 100%.
You can view my transformation in the photos below.
The last back picture was taken about 1-2 years into training and I used the photo editing software paint to see how my upper body would look without the love handles.
Back then, I was amazed at how the first picture looked and I printed out the picture and set it as my long-term training goal to look like that.
Needless to say, I surpassed that goal and you can view my full transformation with monthly progress photos in the video below:
If there’s one message you should take away from my video it’s that transforming a physique is not a sprint. It’s a marathon.
You need to follow a sustainable diet and training strategy and give yourself time to make a lasting change.
Quick fixes can sometimes work but if you follow them you will most likely lose your results later.
I also have a popular video where I discuss a topic that is very personal to me: puffy nipples and man boobs.
This video is based on my viral blog post about puffy nipples which has been read by over 1 million men and it goes in-depth with the kind of training you can do to make your chest look its best:
Puffy nipples and man boobs are increasingly becoming a problem among young men because on average, mens’ natural testosterone productions are declining as a result of poor diet and lifestyles.
My Transformation Philosophy In 5 Bullet Points:
- No heavy weights. We focus on using great form on bodyweight exercises and light-moderate weights to stimulate muscle growth (and not our ego).
- No excessive protein intake. We focus on a balanced diet that has a variety of food rather than just chicken breast, tuna and protein shakes all day long.
- No crazy bulking diets that make you fat instead of skinny-fat. We first focus on getting lean and second we focus on staying lean while building muscle mass in the right places.
- No endless cardio training. We focus on losing fat through diet because it’s much easier to cut out a 300 calorie snickers bar compared to running 20 minutes.
- No quick-fixes. The SFT philosophy emphasizes long-term solutions and gains.
Follow me on social media:
- @OskarFaarkrog Instagram (+10K Followers)
- SkinnyFatTransformation.com Facebook Page (+8K Likes)
- YouTube (+338K Views)