If you’re a guy and you have puffy nipples, it’s embarrassing.
It’s embarrassing to take off your shirt in front of a girl or even to go to the beach when your chest looks soft and feminine.
I know this because I had puffy nipples throughout all my teenage years.
Having puffy nipples destroyed my confidence and they made it difficult to enjoy simple experiences such as going to the beach or even dating a girl.
In this article, I will teach you how I made my chest look great.
How to Reduce Puffy Nipples With Diamond Push Ups and the High Testosterone Diet
Most of us develop puffy nipples around age 13 when we hit puberty and our hormonal balance is going through a massive change.
To be specific, one two hormones undergo a massive change:
- Testosterone: The male hormone of vitality which is responsible for important functions such as your ability to gain muscle mass, your sex drive and your daily energy levels.
- Estrogen: The female hormone which causes a more soft and puffy looking physique.
What happens during puberty is that testosterone increases and you start developing male characteristics such as a deeper voice and higher sex drive.
The issue is that when testosterone increases, estrogen tends to follow, and that’s why you get puffy nipples.
When your estrogen increases, you start developing a more soft-looking physique and one of the most common side-effects of having high estrogen is puffy nipples.
Therefore, the most important thing you need to do is to reduce your body’s natural estrogen production.
And the solution to that is hard yet simple: To reduce estrogen you need to clean up your diet and get lean.
Luckily, these go together hand-in-hand so when you clean up your diet, you will also get a leaner and more tight looking physique.
To reduce estrogen, you want to minimise your intake of estrogenic foods such as bread, pasta, pizza, burgers, milk, cheese, yoghurt, refined sugar, soy and soy sauce and of course, alcohol.
You want to avoid these foods because food is fuel for your body. You are truly what you eat, and your diet and hormonal balance dictates the way you look.
Below, I have provided you a full list of foods that you should avoid in order to reduce your estrogen naturally and get lean.
High Estrogen Foods You Should Avoid:
- Wheat: Bread, pasta, pizza, hotdogs, cereal.
- Dairy: Whey protein powder, milk, cheese, milk chocolate, yoghurt.
- Fried foods: McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, fried chicken, chips.
- Soy: Soy milk, soy sauce and foods that contain soy (check food labels for this).
- Refined sugars: Most juices (unless they’re 100% natural fruit), candy, gummy bear , a lot of cereals.
- Alcohol: Beer, wine, spirits, cocktails.
These foods are known to increase your estrogen production and decrease testosterone, so you need to reduce your intake of them in order to reduce puffy nipples.
I could spend an entire day listing studies that support my arguments in order to try and convince about why you should minimise your intake of these foods but that’s pointless because when it comes to training and nutrition, you can find studies that support almost anything you want them to.
Therefore, instead of me convincing you, I suggest you convince yourself.
Try cutting these foods out for just 4 days and see for yourself how you feel because that’s the ONLY real way to evaluate how diet changes work for YOU.
I’ve had countless readers and clients cut out these foods from their diet and here are some of the benefits they experienced:
- Getting rid of puffy nipples (had several guys in their teenage years completely LOSE their puffy nipples after removing these foods from their diet).
- Losing 10-20 pounds in the first 4-8 weeks.
- Clearing up acne on the face.
- Correcting digestive issues such as constipation.
- Less bloating and gas in the stomach.
- Feeling lighter and more energised throughout the day.
Once you’ve cut these foods out, and experienced the potential benefits that come with that, it’s time to replace these with healthy and satiating meals such as salmon, spinach and potatoes.
You want to eat meals that fill you up for a long time and provide your body with the nutrients and vitamins it needs to perform its best.
You can come up with MANY foods that fit these criteria, so I’ll just provide you a list some of the foods that I use in my online coaching clients’ diet plans.
High Testosterone Diet Foods That Should Be The Staple of Your Meals:
- Wild caught salmon for the high Omega-3 contents.
- White rice and potatoes. (You don’t need to eat “dark starches” for fiber because dark starches are much harder to digest and a properly structured diet plan already has enough fiber from vegetables).
- Hazelnutz, pistachios and almonds to get the good monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- Spinach with extra virgin olive oil to boost natural testosterone production and improve blood flow.
- Pineapple. (Contains bromelain which helps you digest protein and also help constipation, bloating and other digestion problems if you have that).
- Dark chocolate with 70% cocoa or more. (Dark chocolate is great to reduce sugar cravings and very nutritious).
These foods are nutritious and they boost your natural testosterone production!
They’re also convenient to prepare and keep you full for a long time so you won’t even feel like you’re on a diet.
In addition to diet, it’s crucial that you sculpt the chest with my favorite chest exercise, the diamond push up.
In the 6 minute video below, I discuss puffy nipples in depth and demonstrate the diamond push up and show you how it helped me achieve a sculpted upper chest.
Before you watch the video, I want to point out three things:
- If you can’t do a single diamond push up, my Bodyweight Training Program will show you the exact steps you have to take how to get your first rep and later progress to 20 perfect reps.
- The physique I have in the video can be achieved through basic bodyweight training in less than 5 hours per week from home. You don’t need to go to the gym or do weight training to build a good physique.
- The low cable fly that I demonstrate in the video is an intermediate gym exercise. You won’t benefit much from it if you aren’t able to do 20 perfect reps on the diamond push up, so master bodyweight training first.
You can watch the full video below:
You Need To Correct Hormonal Balances and Change Your Overall Body-Composition
Regardless of what your situation is right now, having puffy nipples mean that your hormonal balance isn’t where it needs to be.
And fixing your hormonal balance requires that you work on changing your body-composition, since these go hand-in-hand.
Most guys with puffy nipples have the skinny-fat body-type.
Being skinny-fat means that you lack muscle tone while being soft around your lower waist and chest.
In clothes, a skinny-fat guy looks like a regular guy, but once the clothes come off all the flab and softness is revealed.
Skinny-fat guys find it difficult to gain even small amounts of muscle tone and we gain fat “just by looking at food”.
Most of us find it difficult to gain muscle mass on our shoulders, upper chest and arms.
This combination of being undermuscled while carrying a lot of fat gives us a pear-shaped body, like the one in the graphic below:
In my experience training over 100 men in my online coaching program, the skinny-fat body-type is BY FAR the hardest to transform and there’s a huge lack of quality training programs for our unique body-type.
It’s not uncommon for skinny-fat guys to train with heavy weights and cardio for YEARS or even DECADES without any results.
So, what’s the best way to train if you’re skinny-fat and you have puffy nipples?
My conclusion is that the fastest way to transform the skinny-fat body-type and reduce puffy nipples is to get better at 3 basic bodyweight exercises:
- Chin Up.
- Diamond Push Up.
- Bodyweight Squat.
In late 2012, after 2 years of heavy weight training and cardio exercise without anything to show for it, I switched my focus to doing my basic bodyweight training program that had just the 3 exercises listed above.
I did these exercises 5 days a week at home for less than one hour each time.
To my surprise, my shoulders, upper chest and arms started filling out for the first time in my life.
…Something that didn’t happen in the first 2 years of training where I added 500 pounds to my bench press, squat and deadlift total.
After 16 weeks of following my bodyweight training program, I gained more than 15 pounds of upper body muscle mass and got visible abs for the first time in my life.
I was amazed by my own results, because prior to discovering bodyweight training, I was pushing myself hard at the gym to add pounds to my squat, bench press and deadlift but I had nothing to show for it!
All I had were nagging joint pains and a huge appetite for eating a lot of food after my heavy weight training sessions.
These were not an issue with basic bodyweight training since it’s much lighter on the body, and surprisingly produces better results in both myself and hundreds (if not thousands) of other skinny-fat guys who followed my training strategies.
You can see a photo of my physique after doing basic bodyweight training below:
In the 16 weeks leading up to this photo, I followed my bodyweight training program just 5 days a week at home for less than one hour each time.
At the time this photo was taken, I was a lean 195 pounds at 6’2″ and I could do more than 15 chin ups with perfect form.
I felt strong, fast, light, energised and I always went into my training sessions fully recovered.
I truly believe that after 6 months of following my bodyweight program and diet plan, you will be in the best shape of your life.
And your chest will look a whole lot better.
I know because this is what happened to me and hundreds of my skinny-fat readers, many of whom suffer from puffy nipples as well.
So, I highly recommend you get started with my Bodyweight Training Program and give it a shot for at least 6-12 months.
Be proud but stay hungry,